[pianotech] hammer return noise

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Mar 1 09:56:06 MST 2010

Re: [pianotech] hammer return noise

  Gene,

  I encountered this on 3 Weber (Young Chang) grands I walked in on in practice rooms a few months back.  I hadn't regulated them.  David Anderson correctly steered me to the solution: proper jack-to-knuckle alignment.  I never realized that a jack regulated too far back, in addition to messing up the touch, could be that noisy!

  Best,
  Paul
  --
  Thanks Paul,
  I have regulated the jack knuckle alignment as far forward (toward player) as possible without cheating.