[pianotech] hammer return noise

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Mar 1 09:27:29 MST 2010

> Try repositioning the jack under the knuckle, even if out of regulation.
> Make sure the rep height is right.   Any chance of swapping out a new
> Renner S & F and and hanging the hammer on it?   I think Tokiwa knuckles
> can be hard.   Maybe just change one knuckle with a Renner knuckle

The jack knuckle alignment was initially set to the center of the core then
any hammers that cheated were adjusted accordingly. I have a Renner and WNG
parts kit so maybe this afternoon I will try the swap.
The rep height I have played with. Initially it was as low as possible so
the jack would return - just a fraction of a turn more and the jack would
not.
I had raised the levers slightly thinking that it might give a softer
landing to the knuckle when the hammer comes to rest. Did not help.
Gene