[pianotech] business

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 29 06:19:39 MDT 2010

Marshall
Unfortunately there's no quick fix. It's about becoming a fixture in  your community as the "go-to" guy. That comes from (year after year) being punctual, competent, and especially a true friend to the piano community. It is only then that you can weather these recessions and seasonal slow times.
I've been in the same location for 28 yrs and I'll be honest I've had some tough times this year. The combination our  oldest girl getting married, plus  another  is attending an out of state college  with no scholarships, plus the lousy economic outlook, has made for the perfect storm for some serious nail-biting months.

Learning is that there are other ways to market your business is one of the best ways to keep your name in the front row of the public. Learn to "think outside the box" and look at things a bit differently. No magic bullet, just keep a relentless attitude towards not giving up ,be persistent, and keep learning.
Think long term with your eye steady on the ball.
Tom Servinsky