[pianotech] Shimming Steinway Action Stack to reach strings

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:18:03 MST 2010

This Steinway came with a significantly greater distance between the
keybed and the pinblock plate and strings then is customary.  No
attempt was made at the factory to rectify this and as a result the
regulation is quite compromised to the detriment of the pianist.

It also has rather advanced "killer octave, money octave, Steinway
tonal deficit disorder..." you choose your preferred term, at six
years of age now.  It was excessively weak in the treble, something
that the professor doing the selection believes he was told would be
addressed prior to delivery.

Andrew Anderson