[pianotech] finishing a plate

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sat Feb 27 12:03:11 MST 2010

Hi Jim:

Generally speaking, the better a job I did, the more likely I was to ding
it....

Actually, it dried pretty hard and was resistant to moderate abuse.
Anything can be abused if you really want to, but I did find that the
chipping was very localized to the area of direct impact, and thus very
small.  No big chips flying off, like Nitro lacquer can do.

If this is a path you want to pursue, I would recommend you approaching your
local auto paint supplier and have them sell you a system - primer, gold,
and clear with known compatability with one another.

Will