[pianotech] Hale Extension Rod

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 06:54:34 MST 2010

Tom..I saw your lever on ebay.  Hope it goes well for you.  I am in the market for a new one but can't make up my mind.

How about the Driscollator???? =)

Steven Hopp

Midland, TX

From: tomtuner at verizon.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:47:52 -0500
CC: phil at philbondi.com
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Hale Extension Rod

Protek and a scotch brite pad.The thing is steel Matthew not silly putty. You would have to really try hard to damage that thing .   Or ditch that piece of iron and get a carbon fiber lever. Fujan, Faulk or  in a bit of shameless self promotion look for the new Tom D carbon fiber lever coming to all major retailers soon. Ok maybe not the retailers part as I'm still in the prototype phase but I will have a link on my website soon.I'm still trying to come up with a catchy name for this thing.
" McDriscoll Wonder Stick " ?    "The Driscollmatic feather light Piano Master?"       " The Dude"      " The Phyllis Bondi "
I'll get back to you on the name.
 In the mean time any cleaner - lube will help out with the swap. Even a shot of McLube might help after the thing is clean. Don't forget to pay attention to the heads also.
Tom Driscoll