[pianotech] finishing a plate

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sat Feb 27 04:02:54 MST 2010

I've used the auto primers, golds, and clears in the past as a system.  If
you have filled and sanded the plate well in the prep stage, it looks
absolutely fantastic.  The best color match I was able to find for Steinways
was - get this - Dodge Dart gold.  It was about $100 worth of materials
then.

It is nasty, and I am in a mill building now without a spray room, so I have
to do things with less toxic materials.

Will Truitt