[pianotech] finishing a plate

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:05:25 MST 2010

Ah.... very nasty indeed, as are all finishing products. One of things I
like about the automotive stuff is the stench goes away quite quickly
after the catalyst has done its job...but still nasty.
Finishes...sometimes I think dental surgery is way more
enjoyable...Anyone for root canal?

Jim I

> As far as primers, automotive polyester primers work well because they
> are catalyzed and dry hard, minimizing duplex plate and aliquat
> indentations.  The downside is that the auto products are costly and
> very nasty to work with.
>

> / Michael Spreeman
> /www.RavenscroftPianos.com <http://www.RavenscroftPianos.com>

Jim Ialeggio