[pianotech] finishing a plate

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 23:44:17 MST 2010

Let us know.

In a message dated 2/25/2010 10:09:30 P.M. Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos at comcast.net writes:

Yes,  it is flush with the inner rim edge and there is a gap between the
panel/inner  rim joint and the outer rim.  You can see looking down into the
space  between them that there are a couple of very substantial dowels (about
2-3” in  diameter) that connect the inner to the outer rim.   It’s a float
of  sorts though why it was placed in that area I’m not sure.  Everything
on the piano was in such poor shape that what it  actually sounds like will
be a bit of a surprise when it’s strung up—and  hopefully I won’t be.

David  Love
www.davidlovepianos.com