[pianotech] hard dampers

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:24:31 MST 2010

Hi Ursula,

thank you for the tip.  I still have the feeling it is hard dampers and that's why they are trying to hang on to the string just a little bit when the sustain is pressed.  I'll take one of my wifes nail fines and give it a try when I go back.  I'll let you know what happens.  Were you able to use this on the bi chord and felt of the single bass strings, or did you find the felt to be too brittle or delicate?

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com