[pianotech] ringing dampers I forgot one thing

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Thu Feb 25 08:11:13 MST 2010

Hi Marshall,I did not catch if this is a drop action or not.
Try this if an upright.
First push in on the bass strings without lifting the dampers to see the amount of damper head follow. If not enough, remove the action and pinch each damper felt at its base close to where it is glued on to the damper block with duck billed or parallel pliers.
This will sometimes soften the felt as well as give you a little extra length improving damper function

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com