[pianotech] ringing dampers I forgot one thing

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:27:49 MST 2010

I forgot to mention,

I did loosen and tighten the sustain pedal and while it was loosened, it still had quite an afterring.  It also had too much sloppiness in the pedal.  I'm leaning towrd the crud on the damper felt and/or springs because when I masaged the flat sewn felt on one of the dampers, it seemed to quite it down a little.  the dampers also strum the string when I press the key ever so lightly on some notes.  It's quite interesting

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com