[pianotech] customers

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:47:30 MST 2010

Just a thought here Marshall,

Could the sustain pedal go too far. Far enough so the bottom of the damper levers could contact some bass strings when played loud?
I think I've seen it happen once or twice, on small pianos that have a compact action. I figure that because of the small length of the damper lever, it has to move more for the damper to clear the strings.
But also, some customers like to push sometimes too far. They buy a Wurlitzer and want you to make it sound like a better piano than it ever was.

Marcel