[pianotech] Tuning pin torque?!?!?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 24 18:47:55 MST 2010

It is Interesting, using PDF the torque starts out lower and then firms up a bit.  In fact, when you first drive those pins with the PDF it’s a bit frightening.   The stuff works as a nice lubricant for driving the pins and probably doesn’t tear up the inside of the hole as much.  Then when the resin is absorbed into the end grain of the block and dries, the pins firm up nicely and don’t change a lot over time (humidity swings aside).   But I’m straying a bit here.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com