[pianotech] Wurlitzer spinet ugh

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Feb 21 14:38:10 MST 2010

Subject: Re: [pianotech] Wurlitzer spinet ugh

  Hi Marshall,
  The times I tried to lower the rail ( the quick way ) only resulted in further complications to friction and never resulted in even lost motion. Still ended up in removing each stick.
  It realy does not take that much longer. But I do charge accordingly.
  Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT

  Joe,
    My post mentioned lowering the rail so the capstans will need less adjustment. It's a get you close thing.
  We will have to amiably disagree on the friction thing as that has not been my experience .
   Marshall  ,  by the way the tool that fits those skinny capstans is the offset   (or not offset I guess)   key pin regulator .It will be of help to you as it slides onto the shank of the capstan and is easy to feel.
   My last word on this topic --I promise.
  Tom D.