[pianotech] Subject: Re: help

Benj. D. Palmer ben.pianotech at verizon.net
Sat Feb 20 15:25:24 MST 2010

On the one I serviced recently, there were no pedal return springs per
se. The spring action was furnished by a wood slat mounted underneath
the front of the keybed
 and extending rearward to meet the top of the pedal rod. In  my case,
the center slat had broken, rendering the pedal useless. If it is broken
inside, you might try jiggering the action
forward in the cavity slightly to relieve any pressure on the action
frame. That soundboard steel might help then.
Please do follow up with what you find!

-Ben Palmer