[pianotech] Fwd: Hybrid pinblocks

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Thu Feb 18 10:12:54 MST 2010

The simple test we did I cannot really draw any definite conclusions from however, if you pound a pin down a bit in the old clunker, the bottom of the pin engages fresh fibers and gives more torque?
Also, one thing I missed was that our eval was turning the pin just to break the initial friction similar to tuning. As Ron pointed out there is the additional friction as the pin continues to rotate where the differences in materials plays a roll.
Gene