[pianotech] Avoiding injury lifting out grand a piano action

pnotnr at aol.com pnotnr at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 22:21:00 MST 2010

 I'm lucky enough to be 6'4" and have a nice wingspan to grab both ends of an action.  But I have heard of using a strap tied to the end action brackets.  Slip the strap behind your neck and it takes much of the strain off your arms.  I hope I am describing that well enough.  (looks kind of like the cigarette girls walking through hotel lobbys in those 1940's movies)

Gordon Large, RPT
Hallowell, ME