[pianotech] Fwd: Hybrid pinblocks

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 17 21:47:33 MST 2010

Dale Erwin wrote:
> "I went to the trouble of making an air hose press to do the glue up."

Dale, Dale, Dale - VACUUM!!!!!!   WOW, that is quite an impressive
array of hoses, but a very simple vacuum-bag system works at least as
well - perfectly even pressure over the entire surface. I use a little
pump that maybe cost me $200 or so and I had a bag made for me about
five-feet by two-feet or so for all my rib laminating and pinblock
capping. It is low-cost and works great. I'm sure your air-hose thing
works well, but for others considering doing something of this nature,
IMHO, vacuum bagging is much easier and low cost.

Terry Farrell