[pianotech] Piano vs. Acoustic Piano - was advice yada yada

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Feb 16 20:11:54 MST 2010

I do agree with what folks are saying here.  I love the piano too, and I
think to in any way equate it with a keyboard or other instrument is a
disservice.  However, I would join with David L, in saying that a better
quality digital/electric/whatever is better to learn on than so many of the
PSO's that are out there.  I think "entry level" pianos can be found (like a
decent 10 or 15 year old Yamaha P22 for example), but the phrase is usually
used in the sales department to refer to the many PSO types that have made
their way to the showroom floor, or, to the pages of Craigslist.

William R. Monroe