[pianotech] Electric versus acoustic was RE: Advice about intermittent note on Yamaha grand

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 18:38:38 MST 2010

Time to change the name of the thread.

I don't know about that.  What's a real piano?  When asked by people with
limited budgets I do sometimes wonder whether a good quality electric (or
digital) keyboard isn't better to learn to play the piano on than some god
awful piece of you know what that won't ever work properly or sound like
other than a buzzy banjo.  When you consider uniformity of touch,
consonance, feedback etc. maybe an electronic instrument is a better choice.
Not a BestBuy featherlight but something more substantial.  I don't reject
that idea automatically.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com