[pianotech] issues with key not repeating

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:08:02 MST 2010

Hi Everyone,

When the Bechstein had that similar problem with the key repeating and then skipping out not playing, when I had the wippen removed, the jack moved fine, the pinning was fine.  I did replace the cord loop.  My question is, how centered from side to side should the jack be in that window?  Could a jack not centered from side to side cause it to skip? I'm thinking it can.  I looked at the others and they seem to be just a hair off not totaly centered where there is equal space between the edge of the jack and edge of the repetiton lever on both sides of the jack. I hope I described it well.  The key is acting up again.  So I need to head back to the school and investigate, if tha tis we don't get more snow or holidays  off. lol  So what are your thoughts? Thanks everyone.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com