[pianotech] More on Yamaha Sticking C6 Key Problem

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 16:37:14 MST 2010

Hi,Robert!
I had watched this thread and here are my 2 kopeks:
I would suspect "Reversed Pinning" situation:The Jack Center Pin
rotates in the Bird Eye and is too tight in the bushing..
Re-pinning will take care of it.
During repetitious playing the Center Pin heats-up and becomes too
tight,when it cools-off-things are normal ,again.In that condition the
center pin passes any test..

When your technician will do re-pinning,do the following;
Upon removing the Center pin from the Jack,MEASURE the Pin
2]Select exactly the SAME SIZE  Center pin and if you can push it
inside the Jacks Bird Eye with your finger nail-it means it's rotating
there..You must go to next 1/2 size larger Center Pin
3]Try to push that Original Pin in the Felt Bushing and it
will ,probably,be TOO TIGHT
I had found that "Reverse Pinning" in many brand new parts..
I hope,I made myself clear on that.
Good Luck!
isaac Sadigursky, RPT.
Los Angeles Chaper..