[pianotech] Advice about intermittent note on Yamaha grand

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Feb 13 23:44:46 MST 2010

>I think that Robert gave his non tech status away when he called his piano
>a "baby grand" No piano tuners I know of refers to any model grand as "a
>baby"
> The problem to me sounds definitely a tight jack centre...OK...what's
> next?....tell a novice how to re centre a tight jack?...or tell him where
> to buy Protek etc?...where does it end? If he is a serious pianist, this
> piano should be tuned and serviced regularly..or, is he trying to bypass
> regular tuning and servicing by a qualified tuner?
>
> Robin ,
 I think it's been stated earlier but  Robert is an associate member of the
Boston chapter and a concert level pianist. If you were at Rochester
convention you may have heard Robert on the Kawai playing  after the concert
program.
 I have serviced his piano before he took up our trade and he certainly is
not trying to bypass service .
Robert lives in the next town from me and I'm hoping to meet with him next
week to help with his question.

Tom Driscoll