[pianotech] Advice about intermittent note on Yamaha grand

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 13 19:29:07 MST 2010

I think that Robert gave his non tech status away when he called his piano a "baby grand" No piano tuners I know of refers to any model grand as "a baby"
The problem to me sounds definitely a tight jack centre...OK...what's next?....tell a novice how to re centre a tight jack?...or tell him where to buy Protek etc?...where does it end? If he is a serious pianist, this piano should be tuned and serviced regularly..or, is he trying to bypass regular tuning and servicing by a qualified tuner?

Robin