[pianotech] Measuring temp & RH (was PIANO BAR TUNING)

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 17:12:27 MST 2010

Hi Al,

I have the TW-USB-2. The LCD display would be handy, but this isn't a tool that you just turn on and off. The logger is set up via the computer (though you can delay the start up.) You choose how often it takes the measurements--take the logger where you want and leave it. Then, when you are ready, take it to the computer and download the information. I suppose, using the model with the display, one could carry it around and see what the temp & humidity are.

If you're looking for something that takes the measurements over an extended period of time, this is great. But, if you're looking for a small device for measuring the same when servicing pianos, it looks like they have a couple new things--after all, you might want to leave the logger so it can cause a buzz in a piano for a spell. Just kidding...

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/humidity/index.html

Best,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois