[pianotech] Advice about intermittent note on Yamaha grand

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 13 16:52:06 MST 2010

Pianoworld loves answering pianist questions...

David Ilvedson
Pacifica, CA

On Feb 13, 2010, at 2:29 PM, John Dever <jazzman3743 at live.com> wrote:

I guess you never quite know who you are talking to. Assumptions are a funny thing...

I am not a tech but read this site every day (several times a day). It is interesting that from time to time some "techs" can get fairly dismissive towards those that ask questions.

It is impressive to me that quite a few piano players seek to find out what makes their particular piano tick and are willing to ask the required questions. Of course that puts them out there and open to criticism - often unwarranted.

Sometimes patience with the layman that are working through their particular problem is in order. Not everyone knows what seasoned techs know. Of course that's why they are on this forum asking their questions...

JD