[pianotech] mending keybed front edge

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Feb 13 12:35:53 MST 2010

Pat,
   I would lean toward removing the keybed. It's obviously a fairly new
Asian piano and it should be pretty easy to remove. Then procede as Ron
suggested . My preferred glue would be Titebond.
I had a Kawai with a keybed that had to be removed and it came out
remarkably easy. If the client has budget problems maybe an "In place "
repair would work but it would teach them a better lesson to see you take
the piano apart.<G>.

Figure on some regulation after as it may not end up in exactly in the same
place. Thinking off the top of my head you could install the bed and leave
the screws loose ,put in the action and a few keys in the end sections and
position the bed by replication the existing damper timing and lost motion.
Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this and just screwing the thing back
together would be accurate enough.
 Best,
Tom Driscoll