[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----whatever

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Feb 11 12:01:33 MST 2010

jimialeggio wrote:
> So shifting of the grain angle up adjusts this, putting  tenor/low
> tenor/bass ribs closer to perpendicular to the grain, and high treble
> closer to parallel to long grain.

That's my take on it. Essentially free treble stiffness. I
also considered that the grain more sort of parallel to the
long tenor bridge section meant the control provided by the
ribs (more or less perpendicular to the bridge) was more
predictable through the bottom half of the scale. Now we have
a grain angle hammer hardness tolerance factor to play with
too. Curiouser and curiouser.
Ron N