[pianotech] West Systems Six 10

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Thu Feb 11 03:45:05 MST 2010

That's definitely true about the mixing.  This set up obviates the need to
do that.  It's very quick, and if you haven't made quite enough you  can
have more in a flash.  That reduces the stress in a big gluing operation
without forcing you to make way too much.

The consistency of this paste is different than regular West Systems epoxy
that has been thickened with colloidal silica or microfibers, which is
thicker than the glue but still runny and drippy.  This stuff just hangs
there.   As it is, I do not see the need for thickeners for blocks and
similar applications which, again, makes it easier to use.  I believe you
could probably add those thickeners if you saw the need, though.

Will