[pianotech] Double Octave Stretch

Mark & Janine Davis pianofortetechnology at saol.com
Wed Feb 10 22:38:22 MST 2010

Thank you to all who have responded.

Ed, the bottom octaves were beating 1bps and possibly faster and the top
octaves were close to the beat speed of F3/A4.  I never said that both
octaves were beating 1bps though I understand what you are asking.  Your
question does make me think!  All I can say is I checked the tuning fairly
quickly and what I wrote in my first post was my assessment of the tuning.
I never analysed the tuning.  As I also wrote in the first post the piano
had been tuned two weeks prior to me inspecting it and stands in a hall that
is wide open (doors open all day) and has air con for school assembly and
performances etc.

John, thank you for your time and help.  I will try what you have written.
I do generally tune unisons as you go for grand pianos even the temperament
at times too.  On uprights I usually use a temperament strip for the middle
and for the treble and bass I tune unisons as you go.

Thank you, Take care, Mark