[pianotech] Al in N.C.--Question on procedure was- Best way to change touch in Yamaha grand

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 18:16:46 MST 2010

Greetings,

      In a thread in early January on 'Changing touch in a Yamaha grand'
you state:

>using a sharp chisel cut the punching at an angle toward the front of the
key (\) not straight down (I). You >can start in the center of the hole or
the front of the hole.

    Just for clarity, on the orientation of the slope of the cut:

When the key is returned back to the frame, does that punching cut end up
sloped from the top of the punching down towards the front of the key or from
the bottom up towards the front of the key? The reason I ask in this way,
is that if I am cutting a punching I am likely holding the key upside down to
do the cut and I am not sure if your directions are as one holds the key to
make the cut, or if you have in mind how it ends up oriented in the key
frame .

Thanks,
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA