[pianotech] boring, (was Hammer strike line)

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 19:46:40 MST 2010

So Dale...

When you alter the strike line, do you also add in a compensating rake to
bring the hammer back to 90 degrees?

I never have, but it strikes me that there is quite possibly a tonal
difference attributable to the over-centered hammers that are part of the
deviation set.

I also remember Chris's class on the power stroke and the energy train. Do
you remember (does anyone) his class on bridge design as a series of
catenary curves? I love the guy's brain.

Paul

In a message dated 2/8/2010 6:48:46 P.M. Central Standard Time,