[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Feb 8 07:06:08 MST 2010

William Truitt wrote:
> HI Ron:
>
> If David's pianos had retained the original front duplexes,
> then that would allow him to isolate the phenomena observed
> a little more.  The changed front duplexes are not offered
> here as an alternative explanation per se.
>Pertinent to
> this discussion, I am noting only that the changed front
> duplexes muddy the waters of our observations, in that we
> have another change to contend with, when we would prefer
> to isolate the observed phenomena as much as possible.

You asked the question, it was a good question, and David
answered that in his experience, having done it both ways, the
duplex made no difference. It was in all cases the RC&S board
that made the difference. This isn't muddying anything that I
can see.

>And you have offered your own
> observation that it is consistent from board to board in
> the killer octave area, and obviates the need to move the
> strike line.

As has David.

>That's good enough for now and as much as we
> can do anyway.

I don't think I understand the purpose of this post, but at
least the observations on strike lines as they relate to RC&S
boards are out there now.
Ron N