[pianotech] Hammer strike line. Was-----Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 20:00:54 MST 2010

Actually, Ron, this deserves a rational response; I might caution you  that
your invective is unwarranted. I will say again, since you seemed to miss
my point altogether, that the differences between factory board and bellies,
 particularly S&S CC boards and the more recent RC&S boards may  account
for the differences in strike line that we are seeing. Two people, as  you
say, have indicated that there are apparently demonstrable differences.  I
would guess that there are probably more. This is still not a proof of  anything
as much as it is a surprisingly happy claim which should lead us to ask
why. Is it in the belly construction alone? You will say so. I might agree,
based on my own experience with 100's of new boards, all CC. No, Ron, I've
never  built an RC&S board. How does this make me disinterested in learning
something "outside my marketable experience" whatever that means? And  to
what semantic bullshit are you referring? You have a knee-jerk reaction  going
on here somehow, perhaps to me, perhaps to something else. You've gone
beyond civil conversation here. I invite you to re-read what I've said so far
and try again. I spoke to factory belly/forefinishing on (assumed) CC boards.
 I'm not threatened by anything at all; but you are certainly defensive of
something. I'm as stupid as the rest of us. If I've misunderstood anything
you've said, consider me a willing, if not very apt pupil. However, if you
take  my questions as intentional misdirection, don't bother to answer them
in the  future.

Regards,

Paul

In a message dated 2/7/2010 8:36:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
> All worthwhile  considerations. Yet it is striking, no pun intended, as
> has been  pointed out, that RC&S boards _seem_ to need less hammer
>  movement.

Why is this so threatening to you? Two people who design and
build these systems in the real world have indicated that it
is either  less necessary, or altogether unnecessary to deviate
from a straight  strike line for tonal purposes in a RC&S
board. If you, not having  built boards like this at all, so
lacking any experience with same, know  better than those of us
who have, why don't you inform us as to why we  don't know what
we're talking about instead of weaseling around this  semantic
bullshit? If you're not interested in learning anything
outside your marketable experience, that's your call, but
someone else  might be. This information has been offered in
all honesty as real and  verified as valid by building the
damned things and trying it. If you have  anything real and
pertinent to contribute besides speculation and  misdirection,
please do.
Ron  N