[pianotech] WIll-- Learning stuff

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 10:23:25 MST 2010

The pianos that I have learned the most from are the ones
that kicked my ass-  Will Truitt

Amen.  In the shop, on my lonesome, I'm really comfortable
non-judgmentally taking the licking and then strategizing on how to
learn form it and improve things. In the shop, I know that failure
treated thoughtfully is a friend.

The trick for me on this has been to be more comfortable going public
with the failure. When outside, public input is required I easily attach
negative meaning to the disclosure...emotional meaning; what a useless,
counterproductive, creativity sapping, unnecessary, @#$%^ pain in the butt.

Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com
978- 425-9026