[pianotech] Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 6 06:58:17 MST 2010

Paul,

My one experience was maybe too long ago to be relevant today (1993?)
But, in a nutshell, using current production L parts on a 90-year-old O,
having to deal with whatever hammer weight, boring specs, shank knuckle
distance, tail length and arc, etc. they might provide, was more than
this control freak could stand.  Now, in those rare cases where I've got
to buy pre-hung, I go to someone who will let me specify the parameters
that matter to me.

Mike