[pianotech] Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 5 14:06:07 MST 2010

Steven Hopp wrote:
>Thank you and I will take all responses from here
> at face value and use what I can.  Forgive me.

No problem. Gotta start somewhere, and the beginning is after
all, the beginning. This isn't a factor in this instance, but
what I see helping in the long term in these situations is an
attempted analysis (presuming *any* past experience),
indicating that thought was given and an attempt was made
before phoning in. I see people who have been appearing on the
list for a long time "phoning in" first thing, asking knee
jerk questions that they ought to be able to figure out for
themselves, and have no sympathy at all for that. I find that
exhausting everything in my experience and imagination before
giving up in despair and asking for help usually results in my
stumbling onto the cause from which I can work out something
that takes care of it - eliminating the need to ask for help.
Not everyone's such a hardhead, but I really hate being
outsmarted by inanimate objects, and it happens altogether too
often. Something totally outside my experience is different,
and I'll ask for basic information before just barging in and
screwing it up (usually).

Bottom line is that no one knows even 0.00000001% of ANYTHING,
so we have to work out our own individual reality however we can.

Another kit.
Ron N