[pianotech] Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 5 10:44:52 MST 2010

Jim Busby wrote:

> Everyone’s friendly here, well , except maybe Ron… <G>
> (Just kidding. Ron’s the best.)

Yea, yea, yea... I'm not at all hard on people who have every
right and excuse to not know anything about pianos. I likely
don't know anything about what they do for a living either.
Anyone selling their services as a qualified piano tech,
however, should have some idea what they're doing and be eager
to learn as much as they can to improve their knowledge on a
day to day basis. Someone needs to point this out once in a
while, get past the stone wall of Victorian propriety, and get
straight to the meat of the subject. We can all stand around
in clumps, congratulating ourselves on our social skills and
techniques of artfully saying nearly nothing of any use as
inoffensively and "properly" as is possible, or we can attempt
to exchange the best information we can get our hands on as
honestly and efficiently as possible, to our mutual benefit. I
prefer door #2. Keep the massage, let's have a look at the
schematic - in clumps or otherwise.

Ron N