[pianotech] Yamaha Hammer Suggestion

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Feb 5 10:12:50 MST 2010

Steven Hopp wrote:

> With all due respect to the vast knowledge and experience this list
> holds, I appreciate your continued discussion on this subject.  As tends
> to be the case in this forum we answered the question and then found
> fault with the person or person's need to perform better or become more
> educated.

I sure didn't read anything resembling finding fault with
either the question or it's source. What I've been reading is
a generous collective intent to impart some of the education
behind making the choice of hammers, rather than a mindless
isolated "buy these for that" with no rationale. This is to
give the questioner some thought template against which to
apply the question for next time, so we won't be sitting here
answering thousands of essentially repeat questions from the
same people in perpetuity (which we do too much of already).
In theory, armed with a logical outline and the willingness to
think, the number of questions for which we don't have
absolute answers in normal service situations diminishes
greatly, and we can figure a lot of things out for ourselves.
So instead of an empty and otherwise useless answer, you got
both answers, and a kit for use in evaluating future
questions. Seems to me you got a hell of a good deal without
even spending a stamp.
Ron N