[pianotech] hardening hammers on a Chinese PSO

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Feb 3 22:29:24 MST 2010

Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Ron asked: "Why does everything have to be painfully loud now to be
> acceptable?"\
>
> Ron,
> Because the population is well on the way to being totally DEAF!
> Especially, Music Teachers! Have you ever been in a band/choir room at
> your local H.S. when they're "hard at it"??? I suspect the teacher has a
> hearing impairment from years of teaching the little darlings.<G> Real
> glad I didn't go that route back then!!

If you can't get "musical", go for pain. Seems a shame that so
few apparently appreciate the difference. As to band/choir
teachers, I used to wonder why so many piano tuners were
retired band teachers, and then it struck me. After all those
years, they were so desperate to hear something - anything, in
tune...
Ron N