[pianotech] Hardening Hammers in Pearl River Continental Console???????

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Feb 3 16:38:22 MST 2010

A couple of clients of mine have bought Brodmann Chinese pianos (I think
Pearl River) in the last year or two.

WIth both of them, I've been struck by the quietness of the instrument.
Not that the tone seemed at all dull or muffled - it's nice, mellow and
round, (certainly not bright or hard) but just there's not a great deal
OF it.  With these pianos I would hesitate to mess with the hammers,
because while it might make the tone harder, I don't know that it would
produce much increase in volume overall.

What about an inexpensive mic and amplifier for times when your guy has
a noisy roomful to accompany?

Best regards,

David Boyce