[pianotech] Wurlitzer Spinet key rail removal

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Feb 1 17:34:01 MST 2010

Clay,
 Nomenclature? What is a key rail? I'm guessing that you mean the fall strip. When you remove the fallboard you are left with a finished piece of wood with the nameboard felt glued to its underside .This "rail" as you call it is above the keys and is screwed to the cheek blocks. Am I right?
 I know that model and I recently struggled to get the strip off myself. I'm trying to remember the secret but it is not by lifting it up in the middle. I know where there is a Wurlie grave yard and I'll check later this week and report back.
     Tom Driscoll
 P.S. There are two if not more genders populating the list
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Wurlitzer Spinet key rail removal

  Why do you need to remove the key rail to clean the keybed?

  Terry Farrell