[pianotech] Transporting a grand action

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Feb 1 16:17:12 MST 2010

Lack of interest....Why else would the 7/8 designed for the concert grand
in our major venue has never been requested.  I think is was a waste of
precious funds.
Paul

From:
"John Alsina" <jalsina at roadrunner.com>
To:
<pianotech at ptg.org>
Date:
02/01/2010 01:45 PM
Re: [pianotech] Transporting a grand action

Paul,

Are you saying that the reason it's not played is because of the room the
piano is in, not lack of interest in the narrow keyboard?

I'm interested because it's unclear to me whether these narrow keyboard
have a future.  On one hand (no pun intended), I find they make a great
difference - not hard to adapt to, and they make most music easier to
play. On the other, I can see why many aspiring professionals might that
time spent on a non-standard keyboard is a wate, since they will almost
always perform on a standard instrument.  Yet again, many conservatory
students with smaller hands suffer from hand and wrist problems that might
be avoided by practicing on a "right-sized" keyboard.

What say you?

John