[pianotech] tuning pin tightness

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 1 15:14:46 MST 2010

$200,000?  What was the third piano?      I know nothing about Estonia...expensive piano?

David Ilvedson
Pacifica, CA

On Jan 30, 2010, at 4:39 PM, "Leslie Bartlett" <l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

A local church bought three pianos, roughly topping out at $200,000. Two are Estonias. On one the pins are so tight they pop, most of the quite loudly making it un-tunable for all practical purposes. These are about one year old.  What would you recommend as far as some action regarding the piano? I’m afraid of twisting pins to breaking point.
thanks
les bartlett