[pianotech] CA pinblock treatment, when first proposed

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 10:12:17 MDT 2010

Ed Dryburgh was the first to introduce CA glue to our industry. As the first
lines on his website (http://www.dryburghadhesive.com/) say, "*Dryburgh
Adhesive Products* began using cyanoacrylate adhesives in the piano
industry. These immediate glue repairs became the impetus for a company
which now supplies and educates industries, piano technicians to dental labs
with"Hot Stuff" <http://www.dryburghadhesive.com/product/hot-stuff/> adhesives
and its many uses and applications." In Spring 1986 NEECSO (New England and
Eastern Canada Seminar Organization) had him give a class on its use (broken
shanks, and then late-breaking news "wow I just used it on one loose tuning
pin on a junker and it actually worked!!"). Usage has gradually spread over
the past 24+ years.
End of history lesson,
Patrick Draine