[pianotech] YC Capo Bars

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 05:47:55 MDT 2010

>I agree with your solution to use brass rod, but you might want to increase
>the counter-bearing angle a little while you're at it.   Don Mannino

The rod is not brass. It is labeled "Music Wire" from K&S Engineering,
Chicago. Very hard steel. I found it at a hobby store.

I intend to make new counter bearings because these also have been indented.
I've been meaning to contact the R.J. Leahy Company to get brass half round
and half oval stock. Other uses for this stock will be to make the X-Ratcheting
Shims of which I posted a few months back, works like a charm. And to replace
the S&S Tenor Dragway counter bearing when restringing.

Regards,

Jon Page