[pianotech] Regulation sequence advice sought

Michael Staples mastaples at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:07:26 MDT 2010

Al,

I don't think hammer travelling and burning apply to a single note action
model (action models are funny little creatures when compared to real
pianos) because there are no other hammers/shanks to compare to the
one hammer.

Looking forward to your future comments,

MS

Michael, If the dampers are out, I always align the hammer and rough fit
them to the strings before I install the dampers. Makes it a lot easier to
see and line up.

I don't see anything about traveling and burning the hammers in your
procedure. There are other changes I would make, but I just took a lunch
break and I'm right in the middle of regulating an action. I'll look it over
later tonight.

Al -
High Point, NC