[pianotech] What kind of wood is this?

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 13:36:08 MDT 2010

You've gotten reasonable guesses so far. It is not possible to be sure
of the species from the pictures alone. Clearly some sort of ring-
porous hardwood. Ash or some sort of nut tree - butternut, walnut,
chestnut, etc. Ron is correct regarding the rotary cut nature of the
front panel veneer. Striking indeed!

Terry Farrell