[pianotech] Got a lay-off notice from school...

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 15:34:29 MDT 2010

If you've had any yearnings for a move to a different region, this is a logical time to try it. Turns a a misfortune into an adventure.

Susan

My wife and I have discussed this idea frequently. I've looked at some of the job offers that appear in the Journal and on line, but so far I haven't seen anything that really floats my boat. There needs to be a very good reason for me to even consider a new position.

So far, even though we're struggling, we're making it here in Hawaii. There is some good economic news, in that tourism, which is the economic driving force in Hawaii, is picking up, not only from the USA and Canada but also from Asia, especially Japan, Korea and now mainland China. Jan loves it here, especially being able to go to beach. I like it here, but the ocean is not that big a draw. I'm not complaining, as the weather is beautiful all year 'round, and the people, for the most part, are very nice. But there needs to be a very compelling reason for us to go back to the mainland, considering it will cost almost $15 K just to move our stuff.

Wim

Been there, done that. Except I decided to move to a different part of the country.